USAgriseeds is a breeding company focused on the creation of vegetable seed crops for open-field cultivation. Based in Woodland, CA it is an integral part of Axia Vegetable Seeds Group, headquartered in the Netherlands. The company, founded over 20 years ago has been highly successful in the creation and development of cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, melons, watermelons, and squash. Our breeders and scientists are applying the latest cutting-edge technology, creating new and exciting varieties for farmers all over the world. We are dedicated to improving farmers’ businesses with superior seed varieties and technical support, helping them build sustainable and profitable business. With the support of all our employees, we strive to create better and healthier lives for our clients and the world they feed. Better seeds for better vegetables “Sowing Your Future”.
The Stock Seed Manager will be responsible for seed production of elite stock seed and stock seed from breeders foundation seed on the US Agriseeds Inc. Farm as well as various other locations around the world. The position will include coordination, communication and planning with the USAgriseeds Inc. research staff at the location and various other breeders at other breeding locations of USAgriseeds Inc. to determine a production plan of stock seed. The Stock Seed Manager will be in close communication with the management of the Yolo farm as well as various trusted growers around the world to accomplish the Stock seed production objectives.
- Responsible for supervision of all USAgriseeds, Inc. stock seed technicians in California and Mexico
- Responsible for budgeting and planning of stock seed production on our own farms
- Evaluate the status of all seeds, pollen, crops and stock seed increases daily including coordination of regular monitoring of related environmental and growing conditions
- Sowing, transplanting, crop monitoring, harvesting, threshing and/or washing and drying stock seed increases
- Working with net houses, shade houses, greenhouses, drip irrigation, pesticide applications, and any task necessary to produce the stock seed increases
- Communicate with the Production Assistant and Production Manager on a regular basis to inform of progress, status, and planning
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, plant science, biology, or a related field
- Ten or more years of experience in a closely related technical support role and at least two years of hands-on experience in greenhouse/ field operations and/or seedling production is preferred
- Ability to plan, direct, and execute field, nursery, and greenhouse operations such as sowing, planting, pruning, harvesting, crossing, seed extractions and pesticide applications
- Training (license preferred) in pesticide applications and related safety
- Valid and renewable U.S. driver license with good driving record with the ability to drive automobiles, pickup trucks, and box trucks.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) highly desirable in order to direct coworkers and contract labor
- Understanding and experience in production agriculture techniques and safe use of related equipment is preferred
Are you excited to join our multicultural team and improve things? Send your resume and motivation to our HR Department, firstname.lastname@example.org