Last Updated: January 18, 2023
- Through our social media pages that we control (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”); and
- Through the provision of our products and services to customers or potential customers of the Company, including online, telephonic and in-person communications and transactions (collectively, our “Business Transactions”).
- Who are we?
Any information or other data provided to or gathered by Axia is controlled by:
Axia Vegetable Seeds Group, Inc.
41970 East Main Street
Woodland, CA 95776
Any information or other data provided to or gathered by US Agriseeds is controlled by:
Axia Vegetable Seeds USA, Inc. d/b/a US Agriseeds
41970 East Main Street
Woodland, CA 95776
Any information or other data provided to or gathered by AVS is controlled by:
Axia Vegetable Seeds B.V.
Burgemeester Elsenweg 53
2671 DP Naaldwijk
- What types of personal information do we collect?
Currently (and over the past twelve (12) months), the Company collects and has collected the following categories of information about you and other users of the Services:
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us over the Services, such as when you apply for a job through the Career Pages on our Websites, provide information to us in the process of forming a written agreement, or fill out a form at a trade show. Such information may include, but is not limited to, the following: your name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone (including mobile phone) or fax number; email address; vendor or customer tax identification number, national identification number, and company-issued ID.
- Content You Make Public. We collect information from you that you voluntarily upload to the Services for public display (“Public Information”), such as when you post a review or comment on a public-facing Social Media Page. Once you submit Public Information, neither you nor we are able to control how it may be copied, shared, or used by Third Parties, even if you or we later delete such Public Information. Accordingly, you should carefully consider what personal information you choose to include within your Public Information.
- Business Transaction and Payment Information. We gather additional information from you when you enter into a Business Transaction with us, such as by executing a contract for the Services or purchasing product. Such information may include your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, expiration date, purchase order or invoice number, shipping and tracking data, or any other information submitted to us as part of your Business Transaction.
- Device/Internet Connection Information. When you use the Websites, we automatically gather information made available by your web browser, internet Services provider, and device, depending on your settings for each. For example, we may collect your IP address, information about the operating system or type of device you use, the device ID associated with your device, the date and time you access the Services, and your log in attempts.
- Geolocation Information. We may collect information about where you are located, both generally and at the time you access the Services. For example, we may collect your address or ascertain your approximate location from your IP address.
- Other Information. From time to time, we may collect other information from you, such as when you request assistance through our customer service department or when you voluntarily subscribe to promotions, reminders, or newsletters. You will always be asked for your consent in advance of providing such other information, and we will not collect it without your permission.
- How and when do we collect information about you?
We gather the types of information referenced in Section 2 through the following sources and means:
- Through the Services, such as when you enter into a Business Transaction, make a request of us, or interact with one of our employees.
- When you communicate with us, such as when you contact our customer service department, email us or communicate with us via our Social Media Pages.
- Through Cookies, tracking tools, and other automated technologies. When you access the Services, your web browser automatically sends us device and internet connection information as described in Section 2.
|Type of Cookie||Purpose of Cookie|
|Analytics and Performance||Analytics and Performance Cookies collect information on how you and other users interact with the Services. Often, this information is aggregated, as discussed in Section 4, and is used to improve the Services.|
You can change your Cookie settings in your Internet browser (e.g., Chrome, Edge, Firefox). If you disable Cookies, some of the features of the Services may not function correctly. For more information, see https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- From Third Parties. We may also collect Business Transaction information as well as other personal information from our third-party service providers (such as payment processors and shipping providers) as is necessary to complete your Business Transaction.
- How do we use your information?
When we have a legitimate business interest and/or to manage our contractual relationship with you, we may use the information identified in Section 2 for certain “Business Purposes” that are necessary in order to provide the Services. The following are the Business Purposes for which we may use your information:
- To secure the Services, such as by detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and identifying and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- To provide the Services, such as by responding to your inquiries, fulfilling your requests and/or orders, or when you request a quote or other information from us about the Services. We may use the information to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions (which promotions may have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your information).
- To improve the Services, including by considering analytics, demographics, and user feedback to improve or repair the Services.
When we have a legitimate business interest, we may also use your information for the following
“Commercial Purpose”, meaning a use that advances our business interests.
- To advertise to you, such as by sending you marketing-related communications (such as by email, text message and on social media platforms) with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
When we have a legitimate business interest, we may also use your information, combined with that of other users, to create deidentified “Aggregate Information.” Aggregate Information is statistical information about all users of the Services or a subset thereof and is anonymized and deidentified. In other words, Aggregate Information cannot be used to identify or relate back to you. Aggregate Information may be used by Company for the Business and Commercial Purposes listed above.
- How do we share your information?
We may share your information with the following Third Parties for the Business and Commercial Purposes indicated:
- Our Affiliated Entities. The Company is part of a family of related businesses (our “Affiliated Entities”) that work together to provide the Services to different customer groups and different geographic locations. We may disclose your information to our Affiliated Entities in order to provide the Services to you. We may also combine your information with information collected from you by our Affiliated Entities.
- Our Services Providers. These Third Parties provide services to Company that allow us to provide the Services, communicate with customers, and so forth. For example, we may share your email address with our Third Party email vendor in order to deliver an email newsletter to you.
- Government Officials and Others. To comply with our legal obligations, we may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other valid legal processes. In very rare circumstances, we may disclose personal information when we believe it is necessary in order to prevent illegal, fraudulent, or injurious actions that may cause harm to individuals.
- In connection with a sale or Business Transaction. We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your information to a Third Party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Company or its assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such Third Parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
- Do we sell your information to others?
No. We do not sell personal information to others and have not done so for at least the past twelve (12) months.
- How do we protect your information?
Company, and the Third Party vendors we use to store your information, employ technical, administrative, and physical security measures (such as SSL encryption and HTTPS protocol) that are designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal and commercial information, or other communications, will always remain secure.
- How long do we keep your information?
- Do we transfer your information to a different country?
If you are visiting the Services from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States and/or the Netherlands, and all information you provide will be processed and securely maintained in our web servers and internal systems located within the United States and/or the Netherlands . By using the Services, you authorize and specifically consent to the transfer of personal data to the United States and/or the Netherlands and its storage and use as specified above when you provide such information to us.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by submitting a request to us.
- What are your rights when it comes to accessing, correcting, or deleting your information, and how can you exercise them?
Dependent upon your location, the law of your jurisdiction may provide you with a number of The law provides you with a number of rights to control the processing of your Personal Data:
- the right to be informed/request disclosure;
- the right of access;
- the right to correction/rectification;
- the right to erasure/deletion;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
To exercise one of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of the rights you are exercising.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, providing you with information, or deleting information.
- California Shine the Light Disclosure
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information to the Services may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to Third Parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please fill out a Privacy Request, or contact us at email@example.com.
- How do we protect the privacy of children?
Company will never knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database. Because we do not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to Third Parties. We have designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- How can you receive and opt-out from marketing communications?
By providing your email address to us through the Services or an email initiated by you, you consent to receive emails from us, including information concerning your account and advertising messages. Depending upon your location, we may obtain additional consent from you via a checkbox disclosure or an email requesting confirmation before you can receive such information.
- Do we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Signals?
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked. Company does not currently respond to DNT requests.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.